Not the best picture in the world, so you'll have to take my word for it. It has exactly the texture of soft-serve ice cream, and absolutely does not taste like it's just made from bananas. Actually the banana flavor is very subtle, which means that you can add any other flavors you want. The stuff I made in the picture is strawberry/chocolate/peanut butter. Here's how you do it:
- Freeze some bananas. I recommend peeling them and chopping them into four or five bits, then freezing the bits on a cookie sheet until they're frozen solid, then dumping them into a freezer bag. Or, if you're like me and have very limited freezer space, stack them in a Tupperware container, separated by silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Freeze other fruit if you want to make other kinds of ice cream.
- Put all your ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until it turns into ice cream. My mixer isn't actually powerful enough to accomplish this, so I have to add a couple tablespoons of milk. But if you can do without, you get more ice creamy ice cream.
- Eat immediately, before it melts in your 90 degree apartment. That will take about twelve seconds, so go! Now! Fast!
- Strawberries + cocoa powder and/or peanut butter
- Cherries + almond extract + cocoa powder
- Cocoa powder + brownie + toasted walnuts/pecans (Georgia Mud Fudge!)
- Cocoa powder, toasted almonds, marshmallow
- Strawberries + pineapple + chocolate syrup (banana split!)
- Caramel sauce
- Frozen cheesecake (to blend in)
- Peanut butter + marshmallows (fluffer nutter!)

Today I will make this ice cream! I may need to buy a peach first. Or hey - I have a lemon!
ReplyDelete