Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Because I had some blueberries...

I have never really cared much for the taste of blueberries. I have always wanted to like them. They just seem a bit too bland. Maybe I have never really had good blueberries, I don't know. I do know that blueberries are considered to be a "superfood" because they are packed with antioxidants and blah-blah-blah. 

Anyway, I have recently discovered that I love blueberries when they are served atop a fresh, homemade, French yogurt cake, slathered with fluffy clouds of whipped cream. And also when they are served like this:



A grilled pork chop topped with blueberry-wine sauce is a pretty yummy way to serve blueberries! The sauce is enhanced with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice, and thyme. It really perked up those pork chops! Maybe I need to do a bit more experimenting with blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment